Direct: (07) 3210 5208
Alistair Tindall was admitted as a solicitor in 2015. He practices predominantly in commercial litigation with a focus on the following areas:
• Bankruptcy & Insolvency
• Building & Construction Industry Payment Claims (BCIPA)
• Contract Disputes
• Debt Recovery
• Land Law & Property
• Torts (Civil Wrongs)
• Trade Practices and Consumer Law
• Trademarks, Copyright and Design registration
• Partnership Disputes
Alistair has acted for government, corporate and private clients, as well as insolvency practitioners. Alistair has appeared in State and Federal Courts, both uncontested and opposed matters, including against counsel. He has instructed counsel in interim applications and at trial.
- He has appeared in various State and Federal Courts, both uncontested and opposed, in a broad range of commercial litigation matters.
- He has instructed Counsel in a number of applications and at trial.
- He acted for the new trustees of a discretionary trust, in circumstances where the retiring trustee disputed the appointment and refused to transfer land held on trust. He appeared unassisted in the Supreme Court and successfully obtained a declaration of the validity of the appointment and orders for the transfer of the land
BANKRUPTCY AND INSOLVENCY
- He has appeared in the Federal Circuit Court of Australia on numerous occasions acting for creditors, successfully petitioning the Court to bankrupt an insolvent debtor.
- He has instructed Counsel and also appeared unassisted to resist applications by the bankrupt for review of the sequestration order.
- He has acted for various bankruptcy trustees in relation to administration of the bankrupt’s estate.
- He has acted for Plaintiffs in defamation proceedings involving online publications, including defamation via websites, Facebook pages and other social media platforms.
- Conducted litigation and successfully brought about a settlement, including an apology and retraction of the defamatory matters
- He instructed Counsel in an application to extend the one (1) year statutory limitation period for commencing defamation proceedings to three (3) years.
TRADEMARKS, COPYRIGHT AND DESIGNS
- Successfully obtained trademark registrations on behalf of clients, including where the registration of the trademark has been opposed by third parties.
- Successfully obtained registration of product designs on behalf of clients. In certain instances, he has utilised the client’s copyright in the product to successfully register the product design under the Designs Act (Cth).
He has acted in a broad range of building disputes, on behalf of builders and consumers, arising from standard form contracts as well as custom drafted contracts.
He has represented subcontractors in adjudication pursuant to the Building and Construction Industry Payments Act. In one instance, he achieved an adjudication decision for payment of 100% of the claimed amount, as well as interests and costs.
He has performed the conveyancing transactions for residential and commercial properties, for seller and for buyer.
• Bachelor of Laws (QUT)
• Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice (QUT)
• Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland
• Solicitor of the High Court of Australia
• Member of the Queensland Law Society